This creamy pesto pasta recipe is one of our “staples.” In fact, it’s our only staple pasta recipe. J loves pasta, while I feel sluggish and heavy after eating a pasta dinner, and so because I plan our meals, we hardly ever eat pasta. ;) J gets unhappy when we don’t have his beloved pasta for weeks on end, so whenever he starts getting cranky, I’ll appease him with this pesto pasta!
It’s a quick recipe to make – all you have to do is fry the chicken, add everything else to the same pan, and you have a delicious, creamy pasta sauce. Which makes this a great week-night meal. If you want to feel sluggish afterward, that is ;)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 chicken breast, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 4 cups penne pasta, cooked.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add chicken and saute until fully cooked. Then add garlic and saute until lightly golden. Add sundried tomatoes and pesto and cook about 2 minutes. Lower heat and then slowly add cream. (Note: adding cream at too high heat will cause it to get all clumpy! This is always my mistake!)
- Remove pan from heat. Add cooked pasta. Stir in goat cheese until melted and well incorporated.
- Season with pepper (and salt if you like) and serve!