Happy Labour Day! I can’t believe it’s already the 1st of September – and already the weather feels more like Fall! There’s a cool breeze in the air and I’m wearing a cozy sweater.
This Rosemary Bourbon cocktail is perfect for ushering in Fall. The hint of Rosemary adds a lovely herb flavour while not overpowering the delicate lemon and bourbon flavours.
- 3 shots Bourbon
- 2 shots fresh Lemon juice
- 1 shot Maple Syrup
- Top with sparkling water
- Rosemary sprigs
- In a martini shaker, add the Bourbon, lemon juice, Maple Syrup, and lots of ice. Grind a few leaves from the Rosemary Sprig in a mortar and pestle and add to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously for approx 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a short tumbler, such as an old fashioned glass. Add ice, and top with a splash of sparkling water. Garnish with a Rosemary sprig.
- Alternatively, you can leave out the sparkling water, but it's a bit strong for me without, so I like adding a splash!