I am a wine-lover. I may even go as far as to say wine snob. Or maybe wine-snob-in-training. A wonderful glass of red wine is my perfect Autumn drink. I’m a huge fan of Pinot Noir – perhaps because of the Pinot Noir festival J and I attended last summer where I tasted about 50 (no lie) Pinot Noirs from the Okanagan region and got educated! Except toward the end I was calling even a $50 bottle “standard delicious”… ;)
What I mean to say is that I don’t often drink cocktails in the cooler months. But I picked up a bunch of apples from the Farmer’s Market this week, and had visions of a spiced apple drink dancing in my head…
I looked at our liquor cabinet and googled around a bit and came up with this Spiced Apple Rum Cocktail. It’s apple pie in a glass. Literally. And it will probably save you a few calories too ;)
- 1 ounce cinnamon liqueur (I used Fireball!)
- 1 ounce spiced rum (I used Captain Morgan)
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 2 ounces apple juice
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- slices of apple, for garnish
- In a martini shaker, add all ingredients. Fill the shaker up to the liquid line with ice. Shake!
- Pour into a highball glass and garnish with slices of apple and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
- Close your eyes and sip that apple pie.