Two days until Christmas!!! We are headed over to my parents’ for Christmas this year, and are taking with us these Caramel Chocolate Oat Bars and my grandma’s Melting Shortbread.
Tonight J and I are doing our “Christmas” together, which means giving each other our stockings, making a yummy dinner (scallop and prawn pasta with rose sauce!), and drinking a bottle of delicious wine.
Happy Holidays to you and yours!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 pan.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients and oats and mix well until combined.
- Divide the dough into two. Press half into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut. Drizzle caramel sauce evenly over top.
- Crumble the remaining dough and sprinkle over the caramel sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, then cut into bars.