We’ve had the most amazing June in Vancouver – two days of rain and all the rest sun, sun, sun. No June gloom here! It’s another amazing day today, perfect for eating dinner outside. There’s nothing I love more than eating dinner on our little deck off our kitchen. It looks something like this:
I recently made a batch of Garlic Scape Basil Pesto, and tossed it with one of our favourite pasta recipes, which I blogged about a year ago: Creamy Chicken Penne with Sundried Tomatoes, Pesto, and Goat Cheese. (Long title, much?!) I decided it was about time I updated those photos and here I’ve slightly updated the recipe using the Garlic Scape Pesto instead of regular pesto, and adding artichokes. The creaminess comes from the goat cheese that is stirred in at the end with the noodles.
I promise Garlic Scape Pesto Pasta with Chicken will become a staple in your house.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 chicken breast, chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup jarred artichokes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic scape basil pesto (see link below) or regular basil pesto
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese
- 4 cups penne pasta
- Cook the pasta. While it is cooking...
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add chicken and saute until fully cooked.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, artichokes, and pesto and cook about 2 minutes. Lower heat and then slowly add the cream.
- Remove pan from heat. Add cooked, drained pasta and goat cheese, and stir until melted and creamy.
- Garlic Scape Basil Pesto: http://thelovely.org/2015/06/garlic-scape-basil-pesto/