It’s official! www.thelovely.org is now www.thelovelykitchen.org!
It’s a subtle change – especially since I’ve been calling this blog “The Lovely Kitchen” for a while now – but changing over the domain was the last step to making the new title official. Unfortunately the site was down for the day yesterday, so sorry if you visited then! Now I’m back with a vengeance! (And don’t worry, all bookmarks and pins are set up to re-direct to the new domain, so there will be no broken links.)
The Lovely used to be a blog that had no direction and was a little bit food, a little bit fashion (thankfully the fashion part is over!!), and a little bit lifestyle. Now, The Lovely Kitchen is only FOOD FOOD FOOD – and lots of it! Recipes will focus a little more on seasonality than in the past – I’ll focus on ingredients grown in our garden or found at the farmer’s market here in the Pacific Northwest. There will be no tomato recipes in November or asparagus recipes in January! Even though, of course, those ingredients are available in your chain supermarket.
To celebrate The Lovely Kitchen, let’s have a toast! (There’s always a good reason for a celebration, in my opinion!) Let’s toast with a Cherry Bourbon Fizz! Bourbon cocktails are my new favourite. Here, bourbon pairs with sweet cherries to create a rich, sultry flavour. Add sparkling water to your taste.
Cherries are almost gone from our farmer’s market here – every week the vendors tell me it’s the last week for cherries and so I keep buying more and more. I think they really are gone for certain now. Time to welcome Fall!
- 4 cherries, pits removed
- 1½ ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup (can add an additional tsp to taste)
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- sparkling water, to taste
- In the bottom of your cocktail shaker, muddle 4 cherries. (If you have enough patience, add the bourbon and let set for at least 15 minutes to infuse the cherry flavour. If not, no worries!)
- Add bourbon, simple syrup, and fresh lemon juice. Shake!
- Strain cocktail into a high ball glass and add sparkling water, to taste.